Who Am I?
Who me? I am Callum, I run this blog. I have an interest in trains, and trains are my hobby. I am mainly based in the Cardiff area, and can frequently be found on the West End of Platforms 3/4 of Cardiff Central in the afternoons. My favourite unit might be the Class 460, of which I used to frequently see when I lived around East Croydon (may they rest in peace), as well as Classes 700, 70, 319, and 43. I would say that my favourite station is probably Glifach Fargoed.
Why do you spot?
I don't really know. I just like watching the trains go by. I guess I'm just a little bit nerdy and like to learn about different classes of train and their specifications. There may also be a small bit of my inner-child coming through, where I find big machines really cool. I also aim to fill out a massive spreadsheet containing the numbers of all units of all sorts of TOCs (Train Operating Companies) and such (currently focused on ATW, GWR, CrossCountry, Freightliner, and EWS/DB Schenker due to my area). It is apparent that I'm a spreadsheet geek.
What else do you do, trainwise?
I occasionally bash the tracks. I am planning on completing the whole of the ATW Network (the Wales and Borders Franchise) before the 13th of October 2018 as that is when the Franchise changes hands to either MTR or KeolisAmey. Of this network, I have currently completed the Rhymney Line (between Rhymney and Penarth), the Vale of Glamorgan Line (excluding Barry Island), stations between Cardiff Central and Bridgend on SWML, the City Line (between Cardiff Central and Radyr), Cardiff Queen St. to Radyr via Llandaf, the Ebbw Vale Line, and the Marches Line (between Cardiff Central and Pontypool & New Inn). Oh, and I take photos of trains to document the trip/spotting sessions. I might also collect train tickets. I have a lot of train tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment